Thursday, December 3, 2009

why Grocery Storz?

I chose this name because well my last name is Storz, and I love to find food bargains, and coupon shop, and I will be sharing my finds on this blog. Starting now!

Really basic info: Grocery stores place ads in the Wednesday paper and the prices are good from that Wednesday to the next Tuesday unless otherwise stated. Other stores, such as Walmart and Target, place ads in the Sunday paper and are good from that Sunday to the next Saturday. Sunday papers also have lots of coupons to use. You can also find ads in the websites of the individual stores if you do not get the paper, and they are updated with the corresponding days.

Coupons: I love to use coupons. You are allowed to use one store coupon and one manufacturers per item. Some stores are not coupon friendly (Winco mainly, but Winco has such great prices that I forgive them for this). A great store for coupons is Safeway because you can download coupons straight onto your Safeway card, and then use paper coupons for the same item, thereby using double coupons. Safeway also has great coupons in their ads, but you must purchase $20 worth of groceries to use them. You can also print coupons at home from coupons.com which is also linked at the Safeway website. Winco will not take coupons printed at home, but they will take coupons from the Sunday paper. Partner these with coupons you download onto your Safeway card and get double savings. Just be careful to watch for when coupons say you have to buy 2 for them to work.

This weeks deals: Dec. 2- Dec. 8

Viva Supermarket: located 4211 Norwood Ave.
I was wary of this place at first too, but it's actually pretty nice.

Ground Beef: $.99 (these come in about 10lb packages, but I take them home and divide them into 1lb portions, wrap them up, then put them in the freezer)

Red Delicious Apples: $1.99 for a 5lb bag

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese: 3 for $.99 (Great Deal!)

Raleys and Bel Air:

Ground beef: 80% lean $1.67 lb

Colgate Toothpaste: bogo free (buy one get one free) $2.79 for one. (There is also a coupon in the Sunday paper (11-29) for $1 off Colgate. So you get two for $1.79!

7-up brand sodas: 12 pack Buy 2 get 3 free. $5.89 for one. Pay $11.78 for all 5 which comes out to $2.36 per case!

I know this is a lot of info, but hopefully this helps someone's grocery budget.

1 comment:

  1. I need to buy soda and I am excited to see it's on sale, I need alot!! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete