Monday, February 28, 2011

Echo and Mommy's little helper

Today Iliana had her echo to check on how she's doing. And everything looks good! Blood flow through the aorta is good,VSD is small, bicuspid valve is not leaky, and I was told that the vein leading from the brain to the heart is usually on the right, but hers is on the left! Who knew so many things could be different but still be ok. So we'll just keep watching with routine echo checkups. She was so cute during her appointment. She started licking the tech and the doppler wand with her super long tongue. She has no desire to move at all. She sometimes rolls over from front to back, but has never rolled over from back to front. But for the most part when I put her on her tummy she just lays there, but she doesn't scream at the floor at much as she used to. We got an exersaucer from my friend, and she really likes to play with the toys on it. Oliver likes to play in it too.

Oliver, in between ornery spells, has become such a good helper. On Saturday I wanted to do something with him to see how grown up he is, so we decided to try to make chex muddy buddies with him. Easy to make, and I gave him his own bowl and spoon to mix the cereal with chocolate and peanut butter. He didn't really get the hang of mixing it together, and really just wound up crushing it with his spoon. Then it was time to shake it up with powdered sugar in a bag. I thought he might just crush it some more, but he shook it up pretty well. The other day he saw that Iliana had spit up before I caught it, and by the time I noticed and got a towel, he had already gotten a towel and started to clean her up! I love my little man.

1 comment: