Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Solid food and terrible twos

In an attempt to stave off having to buy formula, we decided to try Iliana on solid foods on Sunday. We have had two attempts and they have not been successful. She wants to try but can't figure out how to swallow the food yet. Oliver likes to watch her eat, and then he thinks he wants some too, so I let him try rice cereal and he just made yucky faces. But he loves to feed it to his baby sister! It's his new favorite thing to do. So I think we're going to stop and try again in a few weeks. I have no problems using formula except the cost, and frankly I am tired of breastfeeding. I know all the benefits of it, and it's great for her and me, but oh, my, gosh, it hurts so much! This girls has the strongest suck ever! But I will keep breastfeeding to keep Iliana from getting sick, and to spare us the expense of formula.

Oliver has very much started his terrible twos even though he's only a year and a half. His favorite words right now are "mine" and "no". Oh my goodness some days are so hard! Sometimes I think to myself, I don't even like him. And then he does something so cute, or has a really good day to make up for the bad ones. Today is one of those good days. We went to the doctor's this morning for Iliana to get a syneges (sp?) shot, and then straight to a birthday party for a little boy in our ward, and he hasn't given me hardly any trouble. Then we came home he ate the rest of his breakfast, some lunch, and then played quietly while I started dinner, and did the dishes. It's heavenly when he behaves this way. On top of that, Iliana is taking a long nap. Life is good. He certainly can throw a tantrum though. Church has become a time when we try to teach him how to not jump on the bench instead of listening to the talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment