Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grateful #3: Glasses




Yes Hillary, I'm copying this from you.

After reading my SIL blog post today, I realized how grateful I am for MY glasses. I just got my first pair this past July. I've been needing glasses forever, but we haven't had the insurance, or I've been pregnant, or any number of excuses you can think of. So now that we have insurance and I'm not pregnant, I decided that now is the time! I love being able to see! I'm nearsighted so I couldn't see things far away. So watching TV, movies, trying to read street signs were all pretty difficult. Then I got my glasses and TA-dA, suddenly everything had details. I remember watching the newest Harry Potter movie and wondering, "When did Lupin get all those scars?" Now when I take my glasses off I realize how bad my eyes really are and wonder how I got along without them. Next step, Laser eye surgery?!

1 comment:

  1. haha, I'm happy you have glasses too! When my husband wears his glasses he says a lot of the same things- his eyesight is so bad it's illegal for him to drive with out them.

    ReplyDelete