Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grateful #9: siblings

I have 9 siblings. In my family there are 7 girls and 3 boys, and the girls definitely have strong personalities. As girls we probably like to go out and eat the most. We probably like food way more than we should. As we've grown older we've definitely grown closer, and become friends. I think we're more like friends than sisters. We tease each other, (in fact we say that when we're not teasing you, is when you should be worried) and tell each other almost everything.

My relationship with my brothers is different. I'm grateful to Matthew for being friends with Nolan pretty much his whole life, because if he hadn't we probably wouldn't have wound up together. I'm much closer to Ben now that we both have kids (it's good to have things in common).

We can talk about movies, politics, discuss current events, go on vacations, and not kill each other. So I'm grateful for siblings that are also my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Mary you are one of a kind.
    I love and admire you. I am glad to know you and grateful for who you have chosen to be. The world needs more people like you. Have a Merry Christmas with your darling family. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandie. You are one the kindest people I have ever known. Kiss your girls for me. I love you and have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete